Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Pain in the knee, cyst under the skin on the knee. Do I need to go for MRI?

hey there i had knee pain for few days (getting better now) after running. after the first two days of pain on the front part of the right knee, i noticed a little bump like a cyst under the skin. now the pain is much better but the cyst is there. do you think the cyst is related to possible injury? shall i look for MRI or x-rays? the knee is good now although i hear some grinding noises when i bend the leg.
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  168
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for posting your query.

From description it seems , you might suffering from prepattelar bursitis.Due to inflammation of bursa secretion of fluid occurs and collected.

I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.

Wishing you good health.
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Answered: Tue, 18 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor