Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Pain in the hips due to slipping, right leg shorter than left

Hi doc I was cleaning my grandma at the bathroom toilet when we tried to stand up but she slips and landed on the side of her buttocks . Now she complaining about a pain on the right side of her hips and has difficulty standing up and the right leg appears shorter than the left one. don t have anyone with right now. what to do?
Asked On : Wed, 2 May 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
i feel sad for your grand ma
if her leg is shortened she might have a fracture of upper part of femur
she needs admission to a hospital
take care bye
Answered: Wed, 2 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Anesthesiologist Dr. Amit Aggarwal's  Response
it seems to be fracture neck of femur(thigh bone) , dont allow any movement at right hip joint , and visit a trauma/ orthopaedic centre immediately
Answered: Wed, 2 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor