Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Pain in the chest, difficulty breathing due to stress. Elevated heart rate, dizziness. Need emergency help?

Back n December my son is a good boy but got mixed up with some others and got n some trouble. His court date is n feb.2013. Ever since that, my chest has ache and ache bad to where it s hard to breathe alot of times. And when I think r talk about my problems it hurts worse even when I m getting on to my kids it hurts and my heart gets to feeling like its beating real fast and a few mins ago my whole insides felt like it was on fire and I felt dizzy. My kids gave me a cold rag I relaxed for a moment I seem to be ok right now at this moment but my chest still aches. Should I go to the e.r.?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum

Your current symptoms may be due to:
-Cardiac related
-Stress and anxiety related

Stress and anxiety also increases chances for developing cardiac symptoms. It is better to visit ER as soon as possible to rule out cardiac problem.

Wish you Good Health and all the best.

Dr. Ashish Mittal
Answered: Wed, 30 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

4 Doctors agree with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

It is likely that your symptoms may due to the anxiety and stress which you have been experiencing recently. Anxiety can manifest itself with not only psychological symptoms but with a variety of physical symptoms also - like rapid heart beat, shakiness, dizziness, shortness of breath, chest tightess, etc.

However, it is better to have a medical evaluation to rule out any medical problems / cardiac cause for your chest pains. So, please see your doctor for a physical examination, and if necessary further investigations.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Wed, 30 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

4 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor