Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Pain in gall bladder, liver area. Have HIV, Hep.C. Had liver biopsy, CT scan. Lung infection?

For an extended period of time I ve had pain in the region of my gall/ bladder ,Liver area. I have had Hep.C for 35 years. I also have HIV . Currently the tests that have be done are the CT scan and the sonagram. Both showed nothing but the pain persists but with more frequent spikes in the pain strength. Had liver biopsy approx. 4 years ago and had to have 2 passes. I guess he missed my liver. Pain persisted for approx. 1 month with trips to the ER. I could tell they had trouble believeing me. Finally the 3rd trip to the ER they found that I had a lung infection. They didn t try to connect the 2 problems cause they found the symptom of lung infection and figured they had solved the problem. I ve had only 2 pulmonary infections since then that created pain in the same area but diminished when the infection died. Also included in this pain I my spleen and pancreas area hurt. I ve tried real hard to keep myself healthy for the last 20 years. Now in 3 weeks I ve lost 16 lbs. of hard earned weight. My dr. s seem like they don t want to search any further. Is there anything the dr s have nt tried. I don t want to live this way. My life is turning to shit. Sincerely, Robert Heath
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,

I can understand from your history that the pain in the liver and gall bladder area was due to the lung infection.
The pulmonary infection is over.
Now, you are suffering from pain in the splenic and pancreas region along with loss of weight.
Loss of weight should be sought out.
A complete examination of the gastrointestinal tract should be carried out.

You should also take into account whether there is any history of weakness, loss of appetite or change in bowel habits.

You need to consult your doctor for clinical examination, relevant investigations and management.

I hope the answer is of help to you.
Kindly post your feed back before closing the query.
Dr Shailja P Wahal
Answered: Wed, 10 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor