Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Pain after uneven filling, taken antibiotic liquid. X-ray clear. What can I do?

Hi there. I had a filling done by a dentist on bottom left side (two teeth ) in December 2011. My teeth were hurting me after (same bottom left side) the filling was uneven. I went for filling adjustment. It still continued to hurt when I chew or was biting on that side. I went for another filling (second filling, same teeth, bottom left) and it was still hurting. It hurt me when I floss. All my teeth r fine except these two bottom left when I floss it hurts. So the dentist saw inflammation in that spot so he gave me antibiotic liquid to rinse for 2 weeks. It still hurts. Then he said to rinse with salt water so I did it for a while. It still hurts. It hurts when I floss. The minute the floss touches teeth surface I feel pain and when i put it deeper to the gum it doesn t hurt, so I assume the gums r not the problem. They wanted me to see periodontist. I don t see the need for that. They did x-ray of these bottom teeth and it didn t show anything. So what can I do. They ll do anything not to take the responsibility for their actions. Please help.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jun 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
hello and welcome to hcm forum,
i would like to inform you that as they x-ray of both the teeth were fine, therefore the problem lies within the interdental space(space between those two restored teeth), what i can recommend is keep your teeth free from food debris because ,moment food lodgement occurs ,their would be inflammation in the gums and pain.
i would suggest, continue doing antibacterial rinses(betadine), avoid flossing that area too much,
rinse your mouth with plain water after every meal,
also, use topical gel(metrohex) ,apply with finger, leave it for half an hour(3-4 times/day),
do not worry inflammation will resolve soon,
i wish you good health,
take care
Answered: Sun, 29 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Yasin Hasan's  Response
hi.. dear magdaszwedo...
thanks for using HCM....
this can be case of OVER HANGING restoration....
so please contact periodontist for the same and replace that filling with well contoured new restoration.
Answered: Sun, 29 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor