Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

PCOS, trying to conceive, under follicular study, taken fertomid. Pregnancy chances?

Hello doctor. me and my husband are trying to have a baby from past 2 years.i have PCO , i was having done with follicular test on 13 th day the follicle are 7 8 mm (with multiple follicles)and endometrium size is 4 mm...this month i had fertomid 100 mg for 5 days. In 2012 i got pregnant with the help of manopur..but i faced misscarrige after 6 weeks. Please tell me what are my chances pf pregnancy now .or what medicine i need to take to get pregnancy.Please help me
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013
Answers:  4 Views:  725
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
PCOD is definitely a vary tricky problem but a patient approach definitely bears fruit to the patient.
The most important treatment apart from ovulation induction medicine like FERTOMID is,shedding your weight and being in your normal BMI range and other treatment is to take care of your insulin resistance by taking regular METFORMIN under the guidance of your doctor.
Your doctor is giving you the right treatment.Just follow the treatment and trust your doctor.
You shall definitely get pregnant.
Best of luck
Answered: Sat, 19 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Infertility Specialist Dr. Dattaprasad's  Response
As you have not made follicle with Fertomid 100mg, you can either increase it's dose in consultation with your doctor OR go for inj Menopur again OR go for laparoscopic ovarian drilling for ovulation induction. Your treating doctor will decide which one is best for you.
Wish you good health.
Answered: Sat, 19 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Infertility Specialist Dr. Abhishek S. Parihar's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic

On 13th day (after taking Fertomid 100mg) follicle size of only 7-8 mm suggests severity of PCO and poor growth of follicles. At this stage you should get patency of your tubes evaluated by HSG or laparohysteroscopy. At laparohysteroscopy other contributing factors can be treated( ovarian drilling for PCO if LH and testosterone are high) at the same time. To induce ovulation you will need gonadotropin injections. IUI ( Intrauterine insemination ) will be better option rather than trying naturally. There are high chances of miscarriages in PCOD due hormonal imbalance which needs to be taken care of before conceiving. There are other factors also which may lead to miscarriages.

Take care
Answered: Sun, 20 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Infertility Specialist Dr. Mahesh Koregol's  Response

Thanks for your query.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

Clomid helps in developing follicles. 8 mm follicle is small. it needs to reach 18mm.

Menopur is an HMG which might again be needed. Please ask your infertility specialist to provide you HMG if needed.

You need regular follicular growth scans. See an infertility specialist for the same

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any follow up queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.
Answered: Sat, 19 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor