Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

On sliding scale, increased blood sugar, also taking acrobose. Information on insulin dosages ?

i am having some confusion with my insulin dosages. I am on a sliding scale. One dr told me to take it only is my b/s is over 200, but i was also taking acarbose at the time. Another stopped the acarbose and set my scale at anything over 100. Doesnt this seem a little sever. An i suppose to just draw up one unit at 120? e-mail YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  55
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi dear thanks for your question,one important thing you have not mentioned in your question is your present blood glucose level,your on sliding scale ,it is ok,To start insulin or stop insulin on long term basis ,it depends upon your glycerated hemoglobin that is HB A1,C.IF YOUR HBA1C is above 8,go for insulin to control your blood glucose level ,if it is less than 8,you can continue with oral hypoglycemic agents.
Answered: Wed, 12 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor