Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Obese after abortion due to period problem. What can help her lose weight?

My wife is 21 years old now. At the earliest She has some problems in her period which is not continued at dot date on every month and she feels pain sometimes. Besides we got to know that she was pregnant on April 2011. But she had exam at the door step and also other problems. So we desided for miscarriage . After this matter she become fat specially her belly. And she wants to be thin. So, how can we solve the problem? Now her period does not open for last two months. We tested but result is negative. Please give me some solution.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  124
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for your query,
Irregular menstrual cycles and obesity may be a sign of PCOS . She will have to undergo some blood test and ultrasound scan for its confirmation. However in case of PCOS , the main treatment modality remains control of body weight. So its good that you are concern with weight loss.
For control of weight, avoid ghee, butter, junk foods, oils , high calorie diet etc. She will have to perform some sort of aerobic excercise for atleast for half hour daily. In case of excess obesity some medicines may be taken in supervision of doctors, better avoided.
Take care..
Hope it helps..
Answered: Sat, 8 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor