Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

My sister has liver haemangioma, please suggest

Hi, My sister has liver haemangioma..Its abnormal and now she looks like a typical pregnant girl..The doctors we consulted till now, informed that there is no medicines...Is it that she need to carry it till her end or can we take steps to cure it....If so how
Asked On : Mon, 1 Nov 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  275
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

According to medical literature, most hepatic hemangiomas remain stable in size or show minimal increase in diameter over time. Simultaneously regression of hepatic hemangioma is very rare.

If there are no symptom, i. e . if the are not bothering you, you do not need to go for surgery. If you have pain, nausea, then you can go for surgery.
If your hemangioama is large, especially if it is causing symptoms, surgical removal is an option.


Dr. Jagdish
Answered: Fri, 5 Nov 2010
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor