Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

124 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

My heart skips flutters and its adds a extra beat?

my heart skips flutters and its adds a extra beat and...? that extra beat is more of a pounding feeling it came back yesterday it stopped for a long time and i even went to the doctor for it and they didnt help at all im only 18 any idea why it does that and it does really scare me cause when i have that extra heart beat it does it help any ideas? when i have that extra heart beat it hurts
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
kinda sounds like what i have its called pulmonary vascular contractions or (pvc) for short which means when your heart beats normally you have 1 pulse of electric shock to pump the heart with having (pvc) you have 2 quick shocks which throws off the rhythm that's why it hurts there is some medication for that but for them to say positive that is what it is they have to put you on a ekg while you are having them i hope this helps
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....