Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Mouth ulcers, occur on the inside of lips. Prescribed orrepaste cream. Permanent cure?

For over the past 6 to 7 years i have been suffering from mouth ulcer and orrepaste cream was one of the medicine I was given, I was also given many other medications but it still recurs.I am 41 years old now. The ulcer occurs on the inside part of my lips and stays 5 to 6 days, it heals by itself finally but some times I have to go to clinic. what Can I do?
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  920
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dentist 's  Response
Hello & welcome
Probably you are suffering from recurrent apthous ulcers.
No need to worry, first of all you have to modify your lifestyle if you are in much of stress.
As ulcers appear immediately start taking multivitamins including zinc, consume lots of water and nutritious diet.
For instant relief of pain along with orrepaste you can rinse with tantum mouthwash.
If ulcers are more in number you can also include doxycycline mouth rinses to prevent any infection.
thanks & take care
Answered: Sat, 5 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
hello dayantad
you are suffering fungal infection of mouth with GIT distubance.
use clotrimazole mouth paint for application with metronidazole 400 mg thrice daily for 3-5 days with omeprazole 20 mg twice daily.
avoid spicy,oily and heavy food(chicken)
Answered: Sat, 5 Jan 2013
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor