• question-icon

What do mouth ulcers indicate as per the attached reports?

Posted on Fri, 13 Oct 2017 in Child Health
Question: My kid-a baby boy of almost 4 years old is suffering from mouth ulcers I am attaching the photographs of the same.
I request you to please have a look at and suggest medication at your earliest for a kid of almost 4 years of age.
He’s also suffering from cough and cold but for that we only gave scenarist yesterday.
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Apply Zytee lotion, give multivitamin

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on this platform
I have reviewed the images and do understand your concern.

These are likely to be aphthous ulcers and gets precipitated with any accompanied illness.

Giving multivitamin supplements like A to Z syrup or polybion syrup 5 ml twice a day along with an application of Zytee lotion(an anti-infective and analgesic) over the affected area three to four times a day after proper hand hygiene will help.

Oral steroid gel gives a dramatic response but not easily available. Orobase or any other brand of triamcinolone(a steroid) clears these ulcers after 2-3 applications only.

I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Pradeep Kumar 25 minutes later
Thanks very much for promptly answering the question Dr.
Do you know what can I ask for these mouth ulcer medicines which you suggested over here in Netherlands.
Also doctor as I had asked a question about cough which he is suffering from for a week now, I would like to know what I can give for cough specially that I am outside of XXXXXXX in Netherlands if you know of any medicines.
One of my friends gave me levocetrizine dihydrochloride syrup, Will that be of any use in this condition ?
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can search the brand by ingredients

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I am really very sorry but I don't have any idea of Netherland's brand name.
Zytee gel contains choline salicylate and benzalkonium. You may ask there in pharmacy if it is avaliable as over the counter medicine.
You can give levocetrizine as it is an anti allergic and will help in cough. Giving levosalbutamol which helps in relieving spasm will help more.

Dr. Pradeep Kumar

Pediatrician, Cardiology