Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Missed periods. Taking cycloreg tablets, still no periods. History of irregular periods. Cure?

hi doc, I did not get periods for two months and back in XXXXX my mother consulted a gynaecologist and told my problem.She adviced me to take Cycloreg tablets three time each for three days.After having that for three days, i still did not get my periods.Its been five days the medicine has finished.Earlier also i had this problem of irregular periods and got myself treated in XXXX.The treatment lasted for 6 months.Please advice
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  256
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Homeopath 's  Response
You are suffering from polycystic ovarian disease of pcod.this condition is characterised by delayed periods,obesity and hirsuitism.pcod cannot be completely cured with any kind of medication.the effective treatment fof patients of pcod is oral contraceptiives or birth control pills.these pills contain low dose hormones and need to be taken for 21 consecutivd nights,at the samd time beginning from the 5th day of the menstrual cycle.these pills help to regularise menstrual flow till the time they are taken.
Medicines like cycloreg contain high doses of hormones and should not be taken frequently.
You can take the birth control pills for as long as you want but you will have to discontinue them when trying for pregnancy.
Patients of pcod might have some difficulty in conception.some patients conceive on their own,others might require help in the form of medicines.
Answered: Sat, 29 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor