Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
120 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Mass in the testicles

hi I m so I m sorry if i use wrong words... lately i have noticed a round mass in my balls in the right side of doesn t have pain .it is located between my veins and right ball,i did some search in the net and i think u have spermatocele ,because the photos i found in the net look like my situation,but mine shrinks and sometimes disappear after i Ejaculate and it is not also visible when i take a shower I have hernia in right side of my stomach too... is this something that i should worry about???please answer i m 18 years old and this is starting to change my life i worry about it all the time and I m really afraid thanks for your attention
Sat, 5 May 2012
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,   ,  
Medical Topics ,  
General & Family Physician 's  Response
the information you are giving is corelated with the hernia. a type of direct hernia that compresses spermatic cord causing hydrocele which means collection of fluid in the testis. if donot have any symptom like pain and it is left as it is until the development of symptoms but if u develop symptoms like pain or you electively want to go for surgery of hernia the a procedure under general anesthesia is done to correct your hernia and releasing your spermatic cord and the swelling in the testis will spontaneously reduce within a week period after the surgery.
with regards
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Sairajesh Koonamsetty's  Response

Welcome to Health care magic.

Based on the description you might be suffering from Spermatocele.

Do not worry. Spermatocele is a common condition seen in 20-30% of men.

As it is small and painless, you need not bother. Small painless spermatoceles do not require treatment.

Treatment is required only in cases where it is painful and large in size.

If you still have any doubts get a scrotal Ultrasound done which would clear all your doubts.

Stop worrying about the swelling in the scrotum and if possible get treated for the hernia.

Hope your doubts are cleared.

Wish you a healthy life.

Take care

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

hi, i noticed when i was checking my testicles that i have not on the testicle but attached a swollen very sensitve mass that was pretty large then...

Recent questions on  Spermatocele

doctor1 MD

My age-32 , sex- male. today I was sitting for a long time and after that I did a self examination of my testicles. I found my right epididymis at...

doctor1 MD

I Had spermatocele cyst about 5 years ago, It was popped on its own when I had chicken pox around the same time. white stuff came out with some...

doctor1 MD

is it normal for Spermatocele surgery and have swelling 3 weeks later still. size of small egg. doc cauterized it. is it normal? its very thick...

doctor1 MD

HI Doc, I am a 24 year old male thanks for taking the time to read my situation. About three days ago, I noticed a small tiny hard bump on my left...

doctor1 MD

Can spermatocele have any longterm side effects? Can there be leaking of some sort? I know have an inflammed piriformis muscle on same side as...

doctor1 MD

sir, the symptoms of testicular cancer (swollen lymph node and groin area) is visible in naked eye ? Or how large the swollen is ? Or it can only...