Bump on the testicle, pain seems to have faded over time, no change in bump. What could it be?

HI Doc, I am a 24 year old male thanks for taking the time to read my situation. About three days ago, I noticed a small tiny hard bump on my left testicle , not on the scrotum but on the testicle. I could feel it by rubbing the scrotum, it was placed on the top of the testicle. there was only pain associated with it when I touched it or squeezed it however today I have been touching it and the pain has somehow faded, there still is a bit pain but not as much as when I first discovered it. I believe the bump is the same size. I have been going crazy over this and I have an appointment with my doctor on Thursday, however this is really costing me sleep as it bothers me. Please give me your opinion on this, thanks Saleem
Wed, 28 Aug 2013