Have inflamed piriformis muscle with spermatocele cyst, creating sciatic nerve pain. Long term side effects?
Possible infection from cyst?
Spermatocele are usually asymptomatic and don't require any treatment. However, some may experience severe pain issues secondary to spermatocele and may have to be operated upon.
However, spermatocele does not leak and hence shall not contribute to worsening of piriformis/ sciatic pain.
Had the spermatocele been infected, you would have been running fever, severe pain in the scrotal region and even local redness and tenderness on examination.
Spermatocele does not appear to be the cause of your worsening pain and you need to see your doctor for the same.
As my first followup, are there any possible urological conditions that could effect the Piriformis muscle (ie, seminal vessel obstruction complication) It seems the pain in my piriformis becomes more acute after ejaculation, which has lessened in volume over time.
As I mentioned in my medical history, I've also had two inguinal hernia operations, one on both sides, in which the ruptures were fixed with fabric patch. Could either of these two hernia patches become infected over time (20 years) or compromised such that they may lead to an infection effecting the surrounding tissues and my piriformis muscle?
Thanks for your help....
Spermatocele shall not affect the piriformis muscle and shall not cause the worsening of the symptoms. However, worsening is possible post ejaculation as ejacuklation can lead to worsening of spasm of muscles and hence the pain.
Infected mesh repair shall lead to a lot more than just pain in the piriformis. However, it is certainly possible that some nerve entrapment has taken place in the mesh and hence the pain. However, there is no way to ascertain that and more importantly no treatment for the same.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Burst appendix, antibiotics, nausea, upset stomach, cramps, blood in urine
- Tight foreskin
- How to treat pain and bend in the penis ?
- Hypertension, kidney scars, creatinine level, kidney transplant
- What is the reason for lump above my left testicle?
- Can a blocked testis tube be reopened surgically or otherwise ?
- Open pyeloplasty, ureter reconstructed, throbbing pain in the operated...
- Blood in urine, frequent full bladder, lower abdominal fullness,...
- Why can I not sustain erection while having sex?
- What is the reason for redness of eyes when i masturbate?