Malignant nodes in carotid sheaths from metastatic cancer. Have Horner's syndrome. Burning in the eyes. Damaged vagus nerve?

I still have malignant nodes in carodit sheaths from mestatic thy roid cancer . Last surgery was radical neck disectomy resulting in horner s syndrome to right eye 9 months ago. Now my eyes are both burning so much I can hardly keep them open more than 6 hours a day, worse on right eye. I ve been afraid to mention this burning symptom for fear my doc will stop refilling my Butrans pain patch refill and not procede with planned steroid pain injections in neck. I am in a loooottt of pain and don t want docs to think my symptoms are from pain meds. Would it more likely be that this burning is from further damage to vegus nerve and active malignancy?
Mon, 4 Mar 2013