What causes profuse sweating while on Buprenorphine?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jan 2018 in Mental Health
Question: I am having a reaction to prescription of buprenorphine. I am really sweating, could not sleep but feel nothing (I know it is a pain pill so maybe that is a good thing). It is kinda scary because I almost feel like I am drunk off several shots of tequilla and cannot function. How do I get this out of my system as I do not want to take it again! I was given it for my back pain as a time release and I cannot function on it. Help please
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Time is the only answer

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

Considering the fact that buprenorphine have unpleasant side effects on you stopping further intake is warranted. I mean to say that I completely agree with your choice of avoiding this particular medication in future.

However I like to state that for already taken dose there is no option to washout from the system in rapid manner. There are buprenorphine antagonists but have no use in your case as they are indicated for toxicity or when there is risk to life.

At this point waiting for one or two days will be enough to flush out buprenorphine from the system and I do not think you need any special measures for this purpose.

I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and reagrds.
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist