Can subtex be taken after lortab 5mg/500?

i tore my lateral lligament and mcl 5 days ago, i went to the er earlier and im in severe pain. This was my first doctor appointment. he gave me lortab 5mg\500. I took ten of the lortab over the course of the day. i also have a 4mg subutex. WOuld it be okay if i took the subutex.
Wed, 19 May 2021

Your doctor has prescribed you a right drug for your severe pain. In a day you can take up to 6 to 8 tablets. Since the prescribed drug is a opioid, you might get into a trouble called opioid dependence when you either take a higher dose In a day or taken for longer duration. Since you have taken more than prescribed times, you can take Subutex to avoid opioid dependence.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shilpa M.D, General & Family Physician