Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Lump on bottom of groin area. What is the green pus with blood?

Occasionally I get a large (quarter size) lump on the bottom of my groin area (more like on the butt cheek / thigh) Its starts out as a tender spot.. (bruised feeling) i notice it after my thong has been rubbing against it or if I have hard penetration (sex)... After 2 days a hard lump appears. NOT ALL the time...If I squeeze on it a head appears below the skin... If i squeeze it hard enough (which is very very very painful) it will pop and puss shoots out. The puss is usually greenish/yellow with blood . After squeezing it the mass goes down and I m relieved of pain.
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  555
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear customer,

It seems that you are suffering from some localised infection of the soft tissue.The greenish-yellow pus discharge is likely to be due to infectious etiology which may be bacterial cause.You should have the pus culture/sensitivity done, blood counts and physical examination by doctor.The pus may need to be drained by incision and drainage and should be done immeditely without delay.

The oral or parenteral antibiotics coverage should also be given to cover gram postive and gram negative bacteria including anaerobes.

You may need to take the antibiotics course for a period of 5-7 days to control the infection completely.The pain can be controlled by analgesics like motrin , advil. etc

You should NOT delay now and start the timely treatment.

Thank you
Answered: Sun, 16 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor