What causes sudden profuse sweating?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 21 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: severe seating for more than 3 days, actually happened last weekend then went away. When the sweating begins, he gets incredibly hot and face turns red, when the sweating subsides he feels cold and has chills. BUT he doesn't feel like he has the flu. Says it just feels different and it's odd that it has come and gone for 2 weeks. For his entire adult life has been hot natured and sometimes sweats in his sleep. But never like this, the sheets were literally soaked. Also yesterday and last night had aching legs. took Advil 800 and didn't help the aching. Has been eating a lot of sugar lately.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Go for routine lab tests

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints and these symptoms could be due to some systemic disease.
I would recommend you to go for routine laboratory tests.
These should include complete blood count, fasting blood sugar levels, liver and kidney function tests, serum uric acid levels, thyroid function tests and routine urine examination.
These might help in finding the cause of excessive sweating.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
would you continue the additional iron supplement in addition to a multi ?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Iron and multi supplement can be continued

Detailed Answer:
Yes iron and multi supplement can be taken.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad