Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Lump in groin, testicles hurt. Had sex recently for first time. Should i see a doctor?

My son is 26. He just noticed a lump in his groin area, on the inside of the thigh. The lump itself is not painful, but he said his testicles hurt. He has not had much appetite for the last 2 or 3 days. The flu is going around. He did recently have sex for the first time in a couple years with a girl that has a reputation for being promiscuous, however he did use a prophylactic. We are wondering if we should wait & see, or should we rush him to the doctor?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Jun 2015
Hello RL Shafer..

Pain in the testicular region can be attributed to:
1. Trauma
2. Inflammation/infection.
In your post you have not mentioned about any history of trauma.

So an infective or inflammatory cause can be thought of ...such as orchitis or epididymo-orchitis.
The lump in the groin area can be the inflamed lymph nodes.
Under such condition, your son need to take antibiotics along with analgesics under the guidance of a Urologist.
There is nothing to worry...he will be fine.
Make sure he takes the medications properly.
Also he should avoid wearing tight fitting underwear or that pressure in the testicular area can be prevented.

Wishing him a Good Health. Let me know if I need to clarify further.
Thanks & take care.
Answered: Sat, 2 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor