What causes pain and swelling in the testicles?

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Wed, 25 Oct 2017 in Cancer
Question: I'm experiencing pain in my testicles and large swelling. Do I need to visit the emergency right now or should I wait until the morning. It's painful for me to try to urinate and when I do, it's just a dribble. I recently underwent radiation for prostrate cancer and I am now considered cancer free.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello. You require evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I understand your concern. So the reason for testicular swelling could be many like, orchitis, torsion testes, hydrocele or uncommonly a tumor. You will require clinical examination followed by an ultrasonography of testes to.look for the cause. Emergency visit is required if pain is too much.
Thanks and regards
Feel free to ask further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana