Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Low grade fevers, skin problems, fibromyalgia, disc bulge and arthritis. Hyperactive knee reflexes. Autoimmune disease?

In the past I have had chronic low grade fevers, skin problems, fibromyalgia...etc. I was told I have an undiagnosed inflammatory disease since my C4 complement at one time was low. I have had myalgias. I now have DJD, 3 buldging discs, stenosis, osteophytes forming and arthritis, all cervical. I have had 3 nerve root injections. I knew that I had hyperactive knee reflexes but now I have 3 beats of clonus in both ankles and an inverted radial reflex. I have severe long thoracic neuropathy in my right shoulder. I was told that I "could" go to a neurologist to see if something more central is going on. Do you think that I should considering that autoimmune diseases run in my family, especially RA, but my mom has a central nervous system disease.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Rheumatologist 's  Response
Hi !

Thank you for your query.

Well I think the two conditions might be different , you are having some neurological problem along with some autoimmune disease . Since your complement levels were low I suggest you to see a rheumatologist for getting yourself evaluated as Lupus .

Hope you are satisfied with the answer.

Wish you good health.

Take care.
Answered: Fri, 12 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor