Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

What causes dizziness while having ankylosing spondylitis?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2602 Questions
I have a mild Giddines ( head mild dull and like rotating a bit and feel like balance not working) . i was in touch with ENT .. looks all clear mostly from there end ( still under medication ) may i know should we contact Neurologist or Ortho Or go back Rhematologist for next phase of check? ( i have Ankylosing spondylitis histoy for 1-2 years) please advise..
Fri, 4 May 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Prefer to visit a neurologist...

Detailed Answer:

I went through your details. If ENT has ruled out ENT causes of vertigo (rotational feeling), then I prefer you visit a neurologist first. Spondylitis affecting cervical spine can cause vertigo. However I'd like you rule out other central nervous system causes. In my opinion, I think you will need a MRI scans of brain and cervical spine, if not done earlier along with doppler study of neck vessels. Neurologist will know about these tests.

Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor