What causes dizziness while having ankylosing spondylitis?

Question
I have a mild Giddines ( head mild dull and like rotating a bit and feel like balance not working) . i was in touch with ENT .. looks all clear mostly from there end ( still under medication ) may i know should we contact Neurologist or Ortho Or go back Rhematologist for next phase of check? ( i have Ankylosing spondylitis histoy for 1-2 years) please advise..
Fri, 4 May 2018 in Internal Doctor Category

Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Prefer to visit a neurologist...

Detailed Answer:

I went through your details. If ENT has ruled out ENT causes of vertigo (rotational feeling), then I prefer you visit a neurologist first. Spondylitis affecting cervical spine can cause vertigo. However I'd like you rule out other central nervous system causes. In my opinion, I think you will need a MRI scans of brain and cervical spine, if not done earlier along with doppler study of neck vessels. Neurologist will know about these tests.

Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if you need clarifications.