Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Long term eczema, aggravates on staying in hilly region, taking aciloc. What is the permanent remedy?

Dear Doctor, I have a chronic eczema since last 20 years. I got it treated with all types of medicine but it did not go away. Later on I found that I may be allergic to something and find that when I am in any Hilly region, my eczema symptoms are visible. To repress that I am taking aciloc....I did try allegra but to no effect. Is there a permanent solution or I will have to live with it forever? Please guide
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome to healthcare magic,
Eczema is seen in people with very sensitive skin with a defective barrier function. This sensitive skin is going to be there with you forever, but eczema can be controlled. Hilly region has lower humidity and temperature. This will dry up your skin and makes the eczema worse. To maintain barrier function of skin you need to moisturize the skin whenever you feel dry at least twice a day. Avoid hot water bath and excess soap. Some food might make eczema worse and the trigger is unique to each patient.
For the existing eczema you need a topical steroid cream. Get it prescribed by your dermatologist.
Hope this helped
Take care
Answered: Tue, 22 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor