Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

What are the symptoms of angioedema?

Dec 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 691 Questions
My 92 year old mother has pulmonary hypertension. The new drug her doctor wants can cause angioedema. What are the signs of angioedema & how can it be treated?
Wed, 9 May 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Keep Antihistaminic like allegra with you.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking query on this forum,
Angioedema is an area of swelling of the lower layer of skin and tissue just under the skin.This swelling may occur in the face, tongue, larynx, abdomen, or arms and legs.

Common signs are-
Repetitive episodes of swelling, frequently of the face, lips, tongue, limbs, and genitals with severe abdominal pain and Slightly decreased sensation in the affected areas.

The standard treatment for angioedema is antihistamines like Allegra 180 mg once it reduce itching, swelling and other allergy symptoms.

For severe hives or angioedema, she may sometimes be prescribed an oral corticosteroid drug such as prednisone to reduce swelling, redness and itching.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor