Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Long, heavy periods, painful ovulation. Had a ca125 test, showed elevated results, sent for referral. Should i be concerned?

Hi I'm 34 have four children youngest two and half , I had a ca125 test done six weeks ago which showed a slight rise I wasn't told how much , test was repeated last week with a higher rise than six weeks ago , now I've been sent for an urgent referrel should I be concerned??? The reason I was given test in the firstplace was cause of long and heavy periods and painfull ovulation, strangly enough I have had a very sore lower back the last week ,should I be concerned????
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM.
You shouldnt be very concerned but further testing must be done. Ca 125 is used for detection and following ovarian and some other cancers,but it can be found in many benign disorders such as endometriosis, ovarian cysts, pancreatits or ovarian infection,inflammation etc. Ovarian cancers are rare but it can be found in your age unfortunately. You shoulds do ultrasounds or CT scan to rule out something serious. Probably this will be ovarian cyst or menstrual or hormonal disorder which is easily treatable. Wish you good health.
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor