Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Knuckle injury, noticeable swelling, bruising, sharp pain when hand is still. Pain management?

I injured my knuckle almost a month ago. The swelling has reduced some, but is still noticeable, feels like my skin will split upon bending. Still slightly bruised. Hurts when entire finger is pushed toward pinky or knuckle is banged from the side. Cannot straighten entirely. At times when my hand is still, will experience a sharp stabbing pain in the knuckle. Thoughts?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  363
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014

Thanks for posting your query.

You had injury over your knuckle a month ago & now your joint is lax , that means there might be ligamentus injury.

You need clinical exam. of finger & a xray to rule out any fracture at that time.

So you have to visit an orthopaedic surgeon for exam. & treatment plan acc. to that.

Answered: Thu, 4 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor