Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Knee injury, tight area. Icing the wound. Clavicle injury. What else can be done?

I struck my knee against a soccer goal post while falling and now, 8 hours later, the whole area is very tight and it is difficult to move from a sitting position to standing. I am icing it and trying to keep it elevated. What should I do to care for it? I also struck my head and left clavicle while falling, but besides a scrape and bruise on my clavicle I have no pain or discomfort in those areas.
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.

Any injury is followed by a process of inflammation which can last for few days to weeks. Difficult movements, pain and other swelling are typical of ongoing inflammation. This would gradually decline and resolve in a few days from now. However I am worried if you sustained a serious injury like a fracture or torn ligaments/menisci where recovery period would be prolonged.

You need to continue icing and limb elevation. In addition over the counter anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin or ibuprofen taken twice a day after food should bring you more relief than currently. Whenever feasible, I also recommend you visit an orthopedic nearby for careful examination. X-rays/scans are entailed to rule out a serious concern.

Hope this answers your query.

Answered: Thu, 5 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor