Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Knee injury, limping, swollen calf. What problems should we be alert for?

Last week my dad had a tree trunk hit him in the side of his knee/ calf . He was barely able to stand on it but has gradually been able to add weight. Now it is just a limp. It was bruised but that went away gradually. This evening the calf swelled during his work day and then went down. He has been ben-gaying it every night. I have finally convinced him to see a physician. What questions/problems should we be alert for? Deep vein thrombosis , etc?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I think first thing to be rule out is any chip fracture in knee joint or ligament injury. Other thing can be DVT. Also it can only be a soft tissue injury. So I would recommend you to get a x ray and dopler of calf. I do not think physician is right choice, I would recommend a orthopedic surgeon.
Answered: Sat, 29 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor