Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Kicked in right shin, scap developing, numbness, some fluid underneath, non-pitted edma

I got kicked in my right shin about two weeks ago. I thought it was healing because there s a scap developing. I noticed around the scap area that its numb to the touch and that there might be fluid underneath when I press my finger to it. The pressed area rebounds immediately. Could it be non-pitted edema . How do I treat it or what should I do?
Asked On : Sat, 14 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
OBGYN 's  Response

Thanks for writing to us.
After an injury, the swelling on the shin is likely to b due to hematoma. Underlying fracture needs to be ruled out as the area is numb and rebounds on pressing. You need to consult your orthopedician fr necessary investigations like X-ray and MRI and further treatment.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.


Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Sat, 14 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor