Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Itchy spots on face. How to cure it?

Some times I get itchy spots on my face; usually on my chin or jaw like area. Similar to a bug bite in symptoms. After itching I find that the area becomes pusy or watery like. Minutes later the area or scab becomes a hard clear crystal like substance that is Amber in color. The strange thing about the scab is that it is rock hard and looks like a crystal.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi..thanks for your query

You may be having localized urticaria complicated secondarily due to itching.This is an idiopathic condition in most cases.I would advise you to notice if any food,smell or any other external allergens are causing it.Do not scratch the lesion at all.You can have oral anti allergic medicine like Allegra or Cetrizine to reduce it.

If you are having the symptoms since long , you ca undergo a Patch testing to confirm the allergens and avoid the same.In creation cases a bloodwork might be required to rule out internal causes .

Hope this is helpful.Take care!
Answered: Mon, 18 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor