Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Itchiness in buttocks, pus discharge from anus, red spots. Sarcoidosis. What is going on?

i have a itchy bum crack, and my bum cheeks near the crack are covered by spot. I also have some sort of pus dischage from my anus. This has been going pn for about
2 weeks. Previously last yr my skin nr my legs became covered in bright red spots. I was diagnpsed as having EN , underlying cause being sarcoidosis. I also have a similar spot to what i had last yr on my leg. Is this poss another attack of sarcoidosis?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  300
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome to healthcare magic
Itching over the gluteal cleft is commonly due to fungal infection. It could be candidiasis or tinea. You seem to have some sort of pus discharge from anus. This itching could be due to irritation caused by the discharge as well.
It is better to get a dermatology consultation to diagnose your condition. Causes of anal discharge could be sexually transmitted infections like gonorrhoea, chlamydia, anorectal fistula, abscess, external hemorrhoids, inflammatory bowel disease etc. Sarcoidosis is unlikely to cause it, but rarely a granulomatous lesion around anal orifice may cause discharge. A diagnosis can be made only if i can see it.
Hope this helped
Take care
Answered: Fri, 12 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor