Suggest treatment for scalp ringworm infection

Question
Hi, I am a woman of 60 and I suffer from Ringworm of the scalp caused by Microsporum Canis. I live in the country where doctors have no experience with this condition or the relevant medication. They gave me Lamisil tablets, they did noting for me and I quit after 2 months. Then they gave me Itraconazole, which I used for 3 months and it did not help either. I recently started Griseofulvin tablets, 2X250 mg a day. It seems to help but I suffered a set back today, possibly due to reinfection in the bathroom. I would kindly ask of you a practical advice in regard to topical treatment along with antifungals, course of the treatment, i.e. what I can expect, how to prevent reinfection as this condition is highly contagious, or any other practical information you might offer as I have read a lot and I have acquired a lot of theoretical knowledge.
Symptoms: Ringworm with terrible itch.
Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Muthu Krishnan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Kindly take the medications regularly.

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
Welcome to Healthcare magic.I have analysed your question.My opinion is that,
you should go with oral griseofulvin for tinea infections of the scalp.But consult your dermatologist before taking this.I want to give you the following advice.
1.Maintain good hygiene.
2.Dont scratch the lesions.
3.Take antihistaminics like levocetrizine tablets to control itching.
4.Take your antifungal medications regularly.
Thank you.
Feel free to write your questions to us.