Is valve replacement the solution got bicuspid aortic valve?

due to dry cough sustaining for past 4-5 years my brother has been taken up to doctor and said from birth he has bicupsid aortic valve with moderate to severe aortic regurgitation.so he underwent open heart surgery for valve replacement with27 sjm mechenicalvalve+sinotubular plasty and shifted to icu with stable haemodynamics.sutures and pacing wires were removed on 7th postoperative day. condition on discharge: afebrile,ambulant,haemodynamically stable chest wound healing well .no pressure sores or blisters urine: gram negative bacilli and enterococcus sp .significant doubtful due to absence of pyuria.taking warfarin drug .after 10 days of discharge also having same dry cough.also during blood test the wbc count is 13100 which is said as mildly greater .what would be reason for that greater wbc count.what about sustain of dry cough.
Fri, 21 Apr 2017