What do these lab reports indicate?
Need to know about the prognosis and the treatment options.
Also if you could help us with an approx idea of how much would it cost to conduct this surgery.
She is currently taking estilopram 10 MG, wysolone 7.5 MG, and tazloc 20
Please refer to the detailed answer below
After going through the medical details and reports provided by you I understand your concern and I would like to tell you that your aunt needs Aortic valve replacement which is a major cardiac surgery.
Prognosis is good and patient get relief from symptoms provided she will continue to take medicines regularly as prescribed after surgery. As it's a major procedure so obviously sone risk will be there.
Surgery is the only option in symptomatic patients.
The approximate cost of the surgery will be around 5 lac. It will vary from hospital to hospital.
I hope this information will answer your query.
Dr Bhanu partap
Is it an open heart surgery? and does it involve repair or replacement of the valve?
What are the approx post operative days spent in hosp and to get normal?
Will she be able to travel by air soon after the surgery?
1. Yes its an open heart surgery
2. If everything goes fine then she will be discharged approx 7 days after surgery. To recover completely it depends on lot of factors and is variable.
3. Its not advisable to travel by air for approx a month after surgery.
Dr Bhanu Partap
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does thyroid lab report indicate to have hypothyroidism
- What does the lab reports mean
- What does occ in lab reports mean
- What does #39pus vulgaris#39 indicate in a lab report
- Does the lab report indicate celiac disease
- If a get on my lab report hepatitis a reactive what is that
- What does the lab report for fever and diarrhea mean
- What does dl mean on lab reports
- What does hdlc mean on a lab report
- Lab tests done what are the findings in the report
- Is blood pressure of 131/69 a cause for concern?
- Suggest remedies for pain in the left side of the chest
- What does this lipid profile test report indicate?
- What does a calcium level of 135 indicate?
- What causes fluctuations in BP readings?
- What does this ECG report indicate?
- What causes left-sided pain in the chest?
- What causes profuse sweating post a valve replacement heart surgery?
- Suggest treatment for pain in the testicle
- Is Sotalol intake 12 hours after missing a dose advisable?