Suggest treatment for shortness of breath in an elderly person

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 13 Nov 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Shortness of breath often I am 82 years old and my valve is wearing out (according to the Dr)
is valve replacement an option
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would like to directly review your echo report if you can upload it for a more professional opinion.

Diuretics can help improve your clinical situation.

To be able to judge on the proper dose of diuretics, your actual therapy, and also on the other possible treatment options (percutaneous interventions or valvular cardiac surgery), it is necessary to evaluate the levels of valvular dysfunction and overall cardiac performance.

You should discuss with your cardiologist on the above issues.

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri