Suggest treatment for shortness of breath in an elderly person
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
Regarding your concern, I would like to directly review your echo report if you can upload it for a more professional opinion.
Diuretics can help improve your clinical situation.
To be able to judge on the proper dose of diuretics, your actual therapy, and also on the other possible treatment options (percutaneous interventions or valvular cardiac surgery), it is necessary to evaluate the levels of valvular dysfunction and overall cardiac performance.
You should discuss with your cardiologist on the above issues.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hyperthyroid shivering shortness of breath treatment
- Suggest treatment for shortness of breath due to panic disorder
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Suggest treatment for shortness of breath due to anxiety
- Suggest treatment for shortness of breath and indigestion
- Suggest treatment for extreme shortness of breath
- What is the cause and treatment for shortness of breath
- Treatment and cure for shortness of breath
- Suggest treatment for breathing difficulty
- Suggest treatment for shortness of breath with body aches
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?