Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Is there any treatment to cure runner's knee other than physical therapy ?

I have been suffering from knee pain for 12 years now, i am 25 years old, and have been told i have runners knee, i used to play alot of sports in high school but i dont play much of any now, i have had several MRI s, X-rays, and bone scans to which have all come back normal. I have done 3 full years of physical therapy , and all that did was cause more pain, and to this day that is all my doctors are suggesting for me to do is more physical therapy, is there any other treatment that can be done, like surgery or anything?
Asked On : Tue, 28 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  80
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response
you have to learn about work simplification joint protection and energy conservation techniques along with continuing physical therapy.Also yoga and relaxation techniques are good for you
Answered: Fri, 1 Jul 2011
General Surgeon Dr. Avinash A's  Response
welcome to hcm
when your MRI is normal it means that u have no soft tissue injuries..u can actually try taking steroids because there could be some inflammation..u need to continue phsiotherapy along with intraarticular steroids for early relief..once your pain comes down u can give your best in physiotherapy..consult your ortho doc and find out what best can be done..have a nice day..
Answered: Fri, 1 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor