Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Is there a test to detect miscarriage and stop it ?

Hi, I am in my 7th week of pregnancy . I was not planning this pregnancy, I conceived while using an IUD as birth control . I had my IUD removed 3 days ago knowing that it may cause me to lose the baby, but it had to be done. I was put on bed rest until further notice. Yesterday, I started cramping and spotting; today it’s more like a period, no clotting just cramps and light bleeding . I don’t want to lose the baby and was wondering if there is any further steps I can take, or is it too late? Also, how do you know when you have miscarried, can you use an at home test, or do you have to have a doctor see you?
Asked On : Sun, 20 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  416
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Radiologist 's  Response
thanks for choosing can be clinically diagnosed more so on ultrasound examination wherein you can see the fetus,heart beat,placenta -anything wrong can be seen clearly.Otherwise severe cramping,bleeding especially clots can be a sign of impeding abortion.No home test will let you know.
Answered: Sun, 20 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor