Is there a difference beteween a defibrillator and a pacemaker?

It seems like both of them keep the "pace" of ur heart in check.
Wed, 3 Aug 2011
Treatment/Therapy
Cardiologist 's  Response
pace maker paces ur heart if they are slow due to slow conductions or blocks . defibrillators actually terminates your abnormal rhythm mostly fast rates .
mrinalini subramaniam's  Response
A defibrillator will shock the heart if it goes into ventricular fibrillation or ventricular tachycardia. These rhythms are deadly and the shock would put the heart back into a regular rhythm. A pacemaker helps to keep the heart at a certain heartrate, like at 80 beats per minute. There are pacemakers with defibrillators so you could have both in one.