Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Is ovulation induction drug safe for a PCOD patient to get pregnant?

which is good for me. i want preg as soon as possible 29yrs,pcod,irregular periods, taken three month course for pcod after that two months past doctor take USG but not found any major follicle in this. now she recommened another three month course with duloute -L and ebexid. what would you suggest? another doctor recommend ovulation induction drug i.e some clomipine type.?IS this safe for me i am confused .which doctor i had to follow? i want preg soon. if i choose induction drug method Is it solve my problem .otherwise one more month would be wasted.and then i have to follow three month course.
Asked On : Mon, 1 Aug 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  182
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello jyoti;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Duolute-L is a hormonal pill and is given to you to make your periods regular and treat PCOD.PCOD is one of the cause of infertility because most of the times the ovulation is absent or does not take place and in such cases the doctor advises clomiphene to induce ovulation.So if your PCOD is treated and your periods have become regular then you can take clomiphene for induction of ovulation.So finish your course of Duolute and discuss with your doctor regarding the use of clomiphene and take it under the guidance of your doctor.
Answered: Tue, 2 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor