Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Is neosporin burn relief heal the 2nd and 3rd degree burns on face, which i got in an accident ?

Hi. My boyfriend was involved in an accident that left his face with 2nd and 3rd degree burns. He went to the hospital but was never prescribed anything to put on his face. I feel really bad for him, and I want to find the best thing out there to protect him against keloid scarring, and worse. This happened 3 days ago so it is still fresh, and I don t know the best thing for him to use. Right now he is using neosporin burn relief and I don t know if theres a better product out there he should be using during the healing process. Or if theres something that we should use immediately after for scarring. I ve heard of bioskinrepair, and mederma. But I want to find a product useful to his condition. Any help would be greatly appreciated from the bottom of our hearts. thank you, and have a wonderful day :)
Asked On : Tue, 3 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  377
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Dermatologist 's  Response
as the wound is fresh ,only antibiotic cream to be applied
neosporin is ok,but SILVEREX cream is use specially in burn case
once healing start,no raw surface is there,then CONTRACTUBACT OR HEXILAK cream will
do better for keloid prevention and beeter healing
better to take advise of plastic surgeon
Answered: Tue, 3 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor