Is atherosclerosis and arteriosclerosis used to mean the same?

Is atherosclerosis and arteriosclerosis used to mean the same which is a plaque of cholesterol that hardens?
the arteries? When seeking info, I've seen both terms used almost interchangeably, except that arteriosclerosis is only referred to cholesterol plaque, as opposed to atherosclerosis which is cholesterol, calcium, platelets, and other debris in the blood. Both were referred as "hardening of the arteries". what is the technically correct usage of these terms.
Sun, 20 Dec 2009