What causes pain and numbness in the fingers?
Impairment of blood flow vs. nerve compression.
Hello and thanks for using HCM.
I have read your question and understand your concerns.
Two are the most probable conditions that may cause your symptoms:
1- impairment of blood flow to the hand ( bad arm position during sleep, arteriosclerosis of the arteries of the arm )
2- nerve compression ( again bad arm position, tunnel compression syndromes ),
It is necessary to get evaluated clinically by your Doctor when can order tests after the examination (Doppler ultrasound if vascular disease suspected or nerve conduction study if nerve compression suspected ) in order to achieve a correct diagnosis.
Since you had issues previously, I would think about nerve compression syndromes.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain and numbness in sides of head
- What causes pain tingling and numbness in forearms
- What causes pain and numbness in forearms
- What causes numbness and pain in fingers
- What causes severe pain in shoulders and numbness in fingers
- What is causing numbness in hand and back pain
- What is the cause of numbness in fingers with diabetes
- What causes muscle pain and numbness in legs
- Getting numbness on finger what is the cause
- What causes burningstabbing pain and numbness in feet
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?