Is a heart murmur serious ?

Is a heart murmur serious ?
Fri, 16 Sep 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,  
Medical Topics ,  
HEART MURMUR IS SOUND AUSCULTATED WHEN THERE IS REGURGITATION OF BLOOD AO ARTEROLES FROM VENTRICE,IN HEALTHY STATE NORMALL THA TWO VALVES BICUSPID AND TRICUSPID PREVENT IT FROM REGURGITATION,THUS MURMUR CLEARLY SIGNIFY DEFECT OF VALVES ,.
IF MURMURS ARE SEVERE IT MAY LEAD TO REDUCED EJECTION OR MIXING OF OXY AND DEOXY BLOOD.
THIS MAY CAUSE SYMPTOMS LIKE CYANOSIS,FATIGUE ETC.
THE LATE EFFECT APPEARS AS VENTRICULAR HYPERTROPHY,WHICH BECOMES A SERIOS CONCERN.
Janaki Raman's  Response
In most cases a heart murmur is not a serious problem. Most often it's caused by mvp(mitral valve prolapse), which is very common. If this is the case you'll need to be pre-medicated with antibiotics before having dental work done. You'll need to have an echocardiogram done to confirm what is causing the murmur. It's a very simple, painless test. I do many of them every day. Check with your dr.