Is Depakote better than encorate chrono to prevent seizures?

My hubby had seizure in the year 2011.After that he had take Encorate chrono 300 mg for 1 year.later he took lonazepam at night along with encorate chrono(twice a day) for another 1 year.in 2013 he stopped taking medicine in the month of October.he was fine for 2 months,later in the month of December he had seizure again.currently he started taking Depakote500 mg (as prescribed by doctor).but he feels tired through out the day and has stomach upset problems too. My question is Depakote is better than encorate chrono?or is there any alternate medicine for depakote so that there is no side effects for him? Thank you.
Fri, 29 Mar 2019