Suggest medication for anxiety despite being on Lexapro and Diazepam

Question
I have an very severe anxiety disorder and am taking 5mg of diazepam twice a day and it is not helping me that much with my anxiety.....One dr. gave me zoloft several years ago, and worked well except for weight gain.
I have a new dr. right now and have been given 10 mg of lexapro but I am not seeing any improvement.
What is your suggestion on the drug I should take instead?
Tue, 15 May 2018 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Either increase the dose of anxiolytics or adding mood stabilizer will work

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, it seems as you are being under-treated. Diazepam alone would not have worked for depression in any case rather it is related to increase the symptoms mostly so should always be used with selected serotonin receptors inhibitors like the one you have been started at but the dose can be increased to twice daily after discussing with your primary physician however a expert opinion with a psychiatrist to add a mood stabilizer may also be needed. Group therapy or psychologist sessions will also work to modify the aggravating factors.

Hope this has answered your question. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards