Can Lexapro and Cymbalta cause early dementia?
Not associated with those drugs, often though with anxiety.
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern regarding side effects of those antidepressants.
However memory loss is not a side effect of these drugs, neither of Lexapro nor of Cymbalta, I do not think that they are the cause.
On the other hand anxiety and depression which you take them for are known as common mimics of dementia. That is not because there is a true memory loss but because they affect concentration, hence affection retention of information. So I think that is a much more likely cause.
I remain at your disposal for other questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes microvascular ischemic disease?
- Suggest treatment for severe headaches
- Can Lipitor cause brain damage?
- What causes severe migraine while on Cymbalta and Xanax?
- What are the signs and symptoms of brain aneurysm?
- What does intense pain in the temple suggest?
- What causes intense fatigue, tingling sensation in the feet and leg pain?
- What causes agitation and inappropriate sexual behavior while having...
- Suggest remedies for muscle pain, dizziness and constipation when...
- Can stress cause cyanotic discoloration on the extremities?