Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Ingrown hair in armpits, painful lump formation, green pus, body pain. Treatment options?

I get ingrown hair under my armpits really bad and usually pop it with a sterile needle & get tweezers to get the ingrown hair out, except this time I know have a huge painful lump the size of a quarter and bright green pus keeps coming out of it. Also my other armpit is starting to do the same thing from the top of my neck to the bottom of my calf muscles are sore and this morning i woke up and can smell and taste infection and i also burp up a taste that tastes like oranges for 2 days now...whats wrong w/ me
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  83
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear Concerned.,
Thanks for writing to us.
You have deveoloped Hair follicle infection-folliculitis also called "Hydradenitis Suppuritiva".This condition is occassionally seen in uncontrolled diabetes. It would have even developed due to your carelessness in removing ingrown hair without asceptic precautions.
Pls investigate yourself with Blood for Hb%,TC,DC,ESR,FBS,PPBS //Urine for routine and microscopy//Pus for Culture and Sensitivity.//BT and CT.
Get the area cleared of pus by a Surgical Specialist. Get the area dressed regularly with antisceptic such as Povidone Iodine.
You are also advised to take a course of Antibiotics as per C/S reports, Analgesics ,Proteolytic enzymes and Vitamin suppliments.If you are accidentally found out to be a Diabetic by your test reports., the prevention of Hydradenitis includes strict Diabetes Control.
Wish you a speedy recovery.,
Best Regards.,
Dr Lt Cdr ASN Bhushan.,
Answered: Fri, 4 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor